The Fantastic Four. Michael, Chad, Lindsey and I all felt pretty good about our times. Michael was first of the group, Chad second, Jace third, and Lindsey fourth. We all finished in about the top 12%, so I think it was a good year. Michael and Chad finished close to the top 5% I think. Nobody came to see us or take our picture at the end so we waited until we got home, that's why we all look ready to run some more! :)
Lindsey had her best time ever. I'll decipher the fields on the Garmin for you. Her average pace was 7:44 per mile, her total time was 1 hour, 41 minutes, and the total distance 13.1 miles. For the first time she ran with me almost the entire way.
Now for backpacking. We took a trip up in the Uintahs to Grandaddy Basin (or BigDaddy basin as I like to call it.) It was awesome, there were tons of flowers, lakes, trees, and mosquitoes (nothing deep woods OFF! can't handle.)
A sample of the vegetation.
We thought it was awesome that you could both see the perfect reflection in the lake as well as see the rocks and logs on the bottom.
Some more of the common flowers in the meadows.
The only way to get ourselves and the moon in the picture! The moon was really bright our first night.
Hot dogs the first night. Notice Ashley's roasting stick, pretty classy.

A bit out of order, but this is the trailhead. Our probably lonely, quite talkative, retired NASA engineer, GPS skeptic, trailhead host kindly took this picture for us. He didn't even blink an eye when Lindsey decided she was going to change her underwear in the middle of the parking lot. :)

A pretty common sight. There were small streams running through the rocks everywhere. It was really green.

The trees were too thick to see much of anything most places so we were pretty excited when it opened up to this cliff face where we had a great lookout point.
A bit out of order, but this is the trailhead. Our probably lonely, quite talkative, retired NASA engineer, GPS skeptic, trailhead host kindly took this picture for us. He didn't even blink an eye when Lindsey decided she was going to change her underwear in the middle of the parking lot. :)
A pretty common sight. There were small streams running through the rocks everywhere. It was really green.
The trees were too thick to see much of anything most places so we were pretty excited when it opened up to this cliff face where we had a great lookout point.
Lindsey and Ashley decided they had a better idea when Brent decided to take a dip in the lake. It was warm, but there was a cool breeze most of the time we were there.
5 comments:
Lyndzi, what a great time with your half. I could only wish I would come in at 7.44 per mile. Jace, what was your time?
As for back packing, I wish we could have come. It looks so beautiful and peaceful. I could use some of that right now. We are coming up for Thanksgiving. What does that week look like for you guys?
Looks really nice there. Glad you had fun.
I was just barely ahead of her at 7:41 average.
Holy SHIZ linds. 744 avg. mile.? and you were the slowest out of your Fab four. you guys rocked that race. That is an insane avg. for that distance. INSANE. k guess we need to get together and run or bike. Call me.
a small miracle has just happened. i actually uploaded the pics :) They're at http://picasaweb.google.com/melissa.kendrick if you can't get to them let me know. There is also a link to them from our blog. ryan-melissa.blogspot.com tell kristen I'm so sorry for taking so long also. she texted me a llooonnnggg time ago. also i need your phone number i lost my phone in vegas
Post a Comment