Thursday, July 14, 2011

Party in Island Park

The month of July is the month of family reunions for us. We spent the first weekend in Island Park for the Lovell Family Reunion. Our first stop was Upper and Lower Mesa Falls where the falls were extra impressive because of the amount of water that was flowing over the top.

To get to lower Mesa Falls you had to take a Nature Trail that was 2 miles round trip through a huge aspen grove (tons of shade). There was a lot of us that went to the Upper Falls but not so many made it to the Lower Falls. Gavin took the trip and gave his Dad a new look - I don't think it is trending though.

The next day we went out mountain biking and I found out that the bike seat is still uncomfortable. It was a lot of fun and we even constructed ourselves a ramp to jump off of. Well - everyone else jumped off of it - I just survived... Jace's new bike is treating him well!

Our last day there we floated the Henry's Fork River. I love this - it takes about 3 hours to go 1 mile. Well it may be a little longer than 1 mile but it is the calmest river ever. Gavin took this trip as well.

Being the responsible Mom that I am I had to see how Gavin would react to the cold water. I just put his toes in...

You can still see the water dripping from his feet!
Don't worry - there was lots of cuddling and a warm towel ready for his recovery. Island Park was a blast!

1 comment:

Maren and Blake said...

We are headed up to Island Park for a family reunion in a couple of weeks. What do you recommend doing with a lot of kids? It looks like you had tons of fun.