
We started off our summer with the Salem Spring Triathlon. Okay, I guess that means this is finishing off our spring, but let's not get picky this early in the post. It felt a little more like winter, but we had lots of fun even though it rained and they cancelled the bike portion on us. Oh well, what's not to love about swimming in ice water!? Oh yeah, and we got these really cool, yellow, cheap, plastic water bottles. Could life get any better!?

We then decided we should delve into our mythologically greek past and see what really was at the top of Mount Olympus. It's not a leisurely stroll, in case you were wondering. I think Ashley was calling hellfire down, or maybe she's just really, really sure...she probably shouldn't have been.

It turns out that there is nothing at the top of Mt. Olympus, besides a great view, some big rocks, a mailbox, and about 20 other people eating PB&J's. Mystery solved. I'm kind of glad, Greek gods were kind of freaks!

The first part of the "run, sleep, drive, repeat." of the Wasatch Back. Luckily Chad just bought a new limo...err...Yukon and was gracious enough to do most of the driving. We were the R.O.U.S.'s so we had to watch princess bride during the in between run time.

Come on... two days for $85, you can't really expect a luxury hotel! I would have to say, however, that this was much better for sleeping that the high school gym we slept in later on. But alas, no sleeping was had here. We did lay in our sleeping bags and think about it though!
Apparently the 45 minutes of sleep on the gym floor went better for Joce than for me. This is her last leg, starting at about 7:30 in the morning and she's rarin' to go!

Finally! The end! Nobody was raring to go here! Here is our whole Wasatch Back team heading for the finish line, custom shirts and all! It was a lot of fun, but I had two huge blisters on my feet from the last, severely downhill portion of my last leg.

And of course we all got lovely Ragnar medallions for posterity.
Next we're off to the dam Waddoups Reunion, or Waddoups Dam Reunion, or whatever.

The first stop of our annual motorcylcle ride. We headed out from the Mackey dam, went up to Challis, and then headed over to redfish lake. This is Lindsey's self portrait, helmet et al.

Of course, the bikes. I swear we didn't stagger them like this on purpose. I just kind of worked out that way, I guess we just have natural talent.

We stopped in Stanley (you may recognize this as consistently being one of the coldest places in the lower 48!) We decided to stop at this nice little pizza and subs place. We figured that would have something for everyone....turns out it was pizza and SUDS. That's okay, the pizza was really good so no one complained about not getting as sub.

Lindsey and I got really excited when we got to Redfish. Not excited enough to get in though! It's freezing! Just like I remembered it!
2 comments:
That is one hot, sexy guy that I am in all those photos with! I love you - thanks for doing this... someday we will have to tell people we have a blog. (I told Ashley today...)
Linds..YOU are so cute. I haven't seen you in YEARS. I can't believe it's been that long. Holy crap. You and your husband have some great pics. I love the adventures. Keep it up!
Post a Comment