Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Yard

This post is mainly for my mother who hasn't seen our yard sinces its conception.


This is my Early Girl tomato plant and if you look closely you can seen my 4th red tomato which I picked today

Do you see the white spots on my zucchini leaves? I can't figure out what it is. Some websites state that it is this mold stuff but I am pretty sure that it isn't mold since I forget to water them all the time. You can see one zucchini it this picture


This is what I was saying about my zucchini leaves. They aren't full like the squash leaves. The extensions on the leaves look really skinny and spindly....I don't know why but I don't think that it has to do with squash bugs. They have a lot of holes in them but I am pretty sure that is due to the slugs and snails.

These are all of my squash plants. It goes zucchini, crooked neck squash and another zucchini. I am picking 2 new zucchini's every day and the squash is about ready to start producing like that.

Here is the rhubarb plant. Thanks Lisa for the start! I didn't think that it was going to survive because it was really hot after I planted the start and kinda forgot to water it but it is looking really good now. I think that I will be a lot of rhubarb this fall.

Here are the lillies from Lynn's yard. They look awesome right there.

Here is the back corner. In the back on the left you can see my struggling columbine but there are some great starts at the bottom so I am sure it will come back strong next year. I love the white grass in the middle-it is a fun color and texture to add. If you look on the right side of the picture you can see some of the zinnia's that survived and one that I am hoping will survive. It looks dead in the picture but there are a couple of green leaves and the stalk is still green so I think there is hope...

Here is the side of the house. You were saying the other day that the Jupiters beard isn't actually Jupiters beard. What is it? I have had a lot of blooms on that but it is taking over a strawberry plant. You can see my Solomen's Seal but it is struggling. I think that it is too hot for it. That or it doesn't get enough water but everything else seems to be doing ok.


These are my favorites!



This is my favorite corner right now. The petunias are going crazy and then the sunflowers are so pretty. There are also a couple of flowers on the ice plant. It is crazy how plants grow! I am sure that start was only about 4 inches across when we planted it but now it is about 10 and is super full! It also helps that this corner greets you on your way up to the front door.
I have a couple more pictures but they were struggling to load. But our corn is getting taller so I am going to start the newspaper earwig treatment thing so that I have corn to eat. Then our peas are like 4 ft tall. They have given me a good harvest but they are on there way out. I am also starting to get lots of lettuce and I even have a jalapeno and green pepper growing. It is a lot of fun. Thanks for helping us get everything in! I don't think I could have done it without you and it would have been a lot more boring and expensive!

3 comments:

Brett said...

The garden and yard look great

Maren and Blake said...

You need to come landscape my yard. You also need to tell me what plant my neighbor gave me, I have no clue. Did you get my message the other day?

Mandi said...

So fun! Your yard and garden looks beautiful. I also love all of your pretty flowers. Hopefully I will get to see them in person one day! Also, did you guys buy a house? or are you renting? Either way I am jealous!