Sunday, November 7, 2010

Boston

The Massachussetts coast from the ferry on the way to Salem.  We decided we would love to move here and live in one of these houses.  Does anyone have several million dollars they would like to chip in?  You could come stay any time you wanted.

 A small lighthouse on the now defunct port at Salem. 
 I don't think we quite caught the height of the colors, but there were still a lot of them around as you can see.  This is the graveyard in Salem with some important people, right next to where they erected a monument to the vicitms of the witch trials.
 We did a candlelight tour with the towns historian.  It was really interesting.  He also pointed out to us after the tour the house where Brigham Young's daughter was staying when they received news that Joseph Smith had been martyred.  In case you were wondering, only one person lit their cup on fire during the tour.
 The Green Monstuh (the tour guide made sure we were pronouncing it correctly, you don't pronounce R's in Boston he insisted.)

 Boston from our Charles River cruise.
 We walked passed the TD Garden quite a few times.  The building was really ugly so I thought I would just take a picture of the nice Celtics sign out front.
 The Bunker Hill monument.  It's actually on Breeds Hill in case you haven't been exposed to too much Boston History.  They're doing some restoration work (thus the scaffolding) so we couldn't actually go inside.
 A sample of the Boston scenery with the bridge modeled after the Bunker Hill monument showing in the background.
 The finish for the Boston Marathon in case you couldn't read it.  I was trying to take the picture without getting hit by a car...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are no R's in Boston ;)

It looks like you had an awesome trip! It is always fun to see what your family is up to!

~Mandi

Maren and Blake said...

So Fun! I am too jealous!

Andrea said...

What a FUN trip! I've always wanted to go to Boston...so much history!!! It looks beautiful!

If I had millions...I'd chip in to your cause--and I'd be there every weekend :)

Lisa said...

Wow! Good for you guys. Someday I'll make it to Boston. Love the pictures!

Shauna said...

I was talking to Jessica yesterday, best news ever! Can't wait to hear more! :)