Sunday, April 17, 2011

Time to run!?

 Alas, as spring settles upon us we come to the realization that even though it's still snowing every other day, it will be 95 degrees soon and we should get out and run while we have the chance!  With that in mind I ran my first half of the year.  I decided to do Salt Lake because I have done the bike tour several years and thought it would be a fun course to run.  The quarter of a mile uphill (seems so insignificant before and after) at mile 12 seems a bit sadistic (poor marathoners at mile 25), but I suppose somewhere in the world there are runners who don't get to choose from hundreds of courses that are all mostly downhill.  But are there really runners in Nebraska?  I'll probably never know.

Lindsey was kind enough to snap a few pictures even though she had to be left out of the running...apparently discouraged at 8.5 months pregnant.

With the child in tow she did still actually run all the way across Liberty Park so that she could see me on both sides.  This probably was more work than my whole half marathon, kudos to any woman out there who has ever been pregnant!
Brent and Ashley showed their support by wearing fluorescents and spandex, or they may have done the bike tour that morning...I'm not sure which.


Happy Running!

3 comments:

The Draxler Days said...

Brent and Ashely are so supportive! How nice of them! Loved the post and slightly jealous of the race. Lindsey you are amazing oh and good job Jace!

Maren and Blake said...

Isn't running just the best. Congrats on finishing, but what was the time? Lyndz looks great. It's even better to finish a race and have your little kid there cheering you on. Not too long before that happens.

Kaley Sparling said...

So ambitious Jace, don't know how you do it but great job. Lindsey your belly is cutie, and the last picture is a little awkward but we still love all 3 of you.