Friday, October 10, 2008

Yellowstone

We took an anniversary/birthday trip to Island Park and Yellowstone this last weekend. We had lots of fun, and as with any trip we had a lot of adventures. The adventure started as we wandered through the pitch blackedness (in Idaho speak), searching for Lindsey's grandparents cabin. However, after shining the brights in numerous residents cabins and placing a call to her Father, and her Aunt Lori at midnight, we finally found our way.
We spent a little time at the cabin, but most of the time was actually spent in Yellowstone (we rented a little cabin of our own in West Yellowstone for two nights.) We saw lots of elk, bison, and deer, but alas, no bears or moose (unless the dead one on the highway by Rexburg counts.) Don't worry though, we did carry bear spray...all 8 ounces and $45 dollars worth! I will find something or someone to use it on someday.
Since Lindsey and I both have a fondness for waterfalls as opposed to other geographical phenomena, we spent much of our time visiting different falls. We visited upper falls, lower falls, fairy falls, mystic falls, tower falls, firehole falls, and a couple of wannabe waterfalls called cascades (which Lindsey just informed me was her favorite part.)
We also visited a number of badly smelling, water or mud spewing thermal features. We thought maybe the air would be warmer around these features, however, we just ended up colder as they spewed steam on us and then the cold breeze hit us. While it was stormy off and on the whole weekend we were lucky because we never actually got rained on, and it only snowed on us a few minutes here and there.
So, without further ado, what you really wanted to get from this posting: the pictures.














5 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

It looks like guys had so much fun. I love how active you are. I am trying to get more active myself. I wish we were all close so we could play together. The pictures are beautiful.

Kelly A. said...

You two are so adventurous! I love it!!

Andrea said...

too bad you were unable to use the bear spray! it's crazy that we got all that snow in october--i am not excited for winter yet...
p.s. did ya'll stay at the hibernation station?

Ashlee said...

It's about dang time you got one of these blogger things!

Kaley Sparling said...

few things...

1. your captions for your main picture should be...what up gansta.

2.) Lindsey cute hat and sweet sweater

3.) Jace I love your face. In all the pictures the expression is the same. its just funny

4.) Can't wait to see you this weekend! Love you guys!!