Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rounding out October

Well the rest of our October was fairly uneventful and boy was that nice! I don't think that we have been home for 3 consecutive weekends since - well before we even met! Our weekends have consisted of planting trees in the rain, staining our deck with the resulting sore neck, and hiking up Adams canyon with our neighbors. The hike took us took us to a beautiful waterfall. Most of the leaves on the trees had fallen but it was still fairly colorful.



On the second to last day of October my hair took the chop. I have been contemplating cutting off 10 inches for Locks of Love and the final push was when Kendra (a college friend) cut her hair for the 3rd time for Locks of Love and she is several years younger than I. I guess hair really does grow back-thanks for getting me to take the step!



We also had a visit from my Dad and sister Kaley. It was a weekend filled with food, cute little Madison, and many games of Killer Bunnies. We did go bowling and we killed the competition around us. There was 6 of us and we had 13 strikes and 17 spare. Jace took the #1 spot willing by a small margin with 163 points. Way to go Jace!


We also did our civic duty today and voted on a presidential candidate and also local leaders. We are lucky to live in a country that gives us a choice in our leaders.


Now the last update is not from October, and hasn't even happened yet but I recieved the most wonderful news today - I GET TO PLAY RUGBY THIS WEEKEND! I am so excited! But don't worry it gets better! After the game that I GET TO PLAY IN! Team USA is going to be playing against Team Uruaguy at the REAL soccer stadium. There is acutally another professional game that will happen before that game too! What a great day to come!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

your hair looks so cute! that's so neat that you donated your hair :)
it really is so nice to have a few weekends to relax although it's also fun to see family too!
your waterfall/fall leaves hike looked like lots of fun! where was it at?
have fun playing rugby!

p.s. heathe and i stayed at the hibernation station on our honeymoon--it was so fun!

Maren and Blake said...

I love your hair. It's still pretty longer considering you cut off 10 in. I am so sad we haven't talked in awhile. There really is no excuses.

Did you go hiking with your new neighbors? That's cool that you hae made friends so quickly.

Also, we need to see before and after photos of your home projects.

And yay for Rugby. It sounds like you have some really fun times coming up. Could you possibly make plans to play when I am home for Christmas?

Kelly A. said...

Your hair is cute! And it was fun to see you guys the other day-thanks for coming over to play games!

Jamie said...

I love your hair! Let's get together soon, k?