Monday, September 13, 2010

Vikingman 2010

We all knew it would come to this. You train for it, you pay for it, and then eventually...you actually have to do it. But hey, we all had a great time and now we can look back and laugh as our aches and pains fade into the background. It really was a lot of fun to have so much family all together in the event. It's nice that the Vikingman had something for everyone. Despite some of our cursings and mutterings on the course I think everyone agreed they were ready to do it again next year. Any more takers? :)

The story in pictures:

Lindsey proclaiming her innocence while switching from the bike to the run.




Jace wondering just how far Chad is behind him and how much he may need to hurry through this transistion.



No, they're not just posing...they're bringing it home!


The face says it all:
1.2 miles in the water, 56 miles on a crappy road, 7 miles running around an airport hopping over cow pies...some people get to end here and I have to go how much farther!?



Done! Can I sit down now?


The crew:
From left to right: Kaley, Sarah, Lindsey, Ashley, Brent, Mark, Jace, Chad, Joseph.



You know we had to take one of these.



Nothing like a chunk of granite to remind us we're awesome. :) I got first place in my age group and Lindsey took first place overall for the women.

1 comment:

Maren and Blake said...

I am so proud of you guys. First place! It's honestly no suprise. Maybe I will train and give you a run for your money next year.