Gavin had several new experiences in the last two days
As an introduction to Gavin's experiences, let me first just say we've been working very hard on his speed and agility. We do exercise after exercise to make sure he's the quickest, sportiest kid on the block. Okay...I just made that up, but as you shall soon find, he does have the speed of a mongoose.
Before church this morning I was holding Gavin while I brushed my teeth. He always seems interested in this process, and I'm sure he will have great dental hygiene when he grows older. However, this morning he decided he couldn't wait until he grows up. Before I knew what was happening he had jerked the toothbrush out of my mouth and put it in his. I don't think he likes toothpaste, that's probably a good thing.
As we sat down in church today Lindsey leaned over and said, "Do you think we should give him the sacrament today?" My thought was, did he do something bad last week that I don't know about? I mean, if pooping your pants, slobbering on people, and being really really really good looking requires repentance then I have a backlog of penance to take care of. Unfortunately probably only on the first two counts. Anyway, I just shrugged and said, "whatever." By the way, for any men reading this, that is a woman's favorite answer. You can ask them. However, Gavin must have been listening. As Lindsey passed the sacrament by he lept out with both hands in some type of karate move and hit tray. What I didn't realize with my oh-so-slow human vision was that it was all just a decoy. He actually had two hands clear full of bread. I may never have noticed except that he wasn't so sly as he tried to shove both handfulls into his mouth at the same time.
Last on the new experience list is riding a bike. Or, since he's only 9 months old, riding along behind a bike. It was about 40 degrees and sunny, so we decided it would be a great time to break it out for the first time. He loved it, and when I say he loved it I mean that he immediately fell asleep and didn't wake up until the bike stopped. I'm sure he was just dreaming about all of the fun he is going to have this summer when he doesn't have to wear his bear suit to ride in it.
2 comments:
Love it! Apparently he takes after his mom for his good looks and his dad for his behavior.
Oh, and I realized, after reading this post, why I always think that people are just being nice if they tell me I am funny (looks aside). It's because I grew up with you and you are waaay funnier than I am. Why you gotta be like that, Jace? I just can't catch a break...
They grow so fast. The bike trailer is the absolute best, especially during nap time. As for sacrament, it's like a glorified snack for them, but at least it gets them in the habit of taking the sacrament each week.
Post a Comment